04 Oct Get Rid of Bad Breath
Causes of Bad Breath are Categorized Under Two Groups
90% of bad breath instances arise from oral causes.
- Unless a regular oral care is performed, it is the reason because of the food wastes accumulating between the teeth, on the tongue and gums.
- When smelly foods such as garlic and onion are consumed, this smell will not disappear before the body eliminates it.
- Since the pockets in the gums caused by gum diseases cannot be reached, a complete hygiene won’t be ensured. Such pockets are reasons.
Carious (decayed) teeth in the mouth, flooded and unconnected fillings, abnormal tooth contacts, and the loss of teeth morphology are reasons by accumulation of food in these areas.
- Incompatible and/or ill-used prosthesis will cause bad breath.
- Oral tumors may cause bad breath.
- Bad breath should not be ignored since it can be a very discomforting situation in social life. You can completely get rid of it with a small amount of treatment.
To Avoid It
- Gingival diseases and caries must be treated.
- Oral and dental health must be maintained by using a toothpaste that contains fluoride at least twice a day, and by flossing once a day. The tongue must also be brushed along with the teeth.
- You must also take good care of your prostheses if you’re using any.
- If you’re still having bad breath after all the procedures and care, other causes should be investigated.
The Non – Oral Reasons
- Infections in sinuses, bronchus and lungs
- Diabetes – an acetone – like oral smell.
- Liver and renal failure
- Metabolic disorders
- Enterozoa (flatworms) – in the morning, especially in children.
- Fasting and dieting – due to irregular eating.
Dentists in Lotus Dental Clinic provide you good treatment to get rid of bad breath and give advices to avoid it.